cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangl2
Level: Powered On

Planner and Email

Dear Forum Member,

I started a Teams Channel and added a Planner schedule tab. All the team members have been given permissions to the Planner as well.

What I wanted to do is when a team member add a task into Planner, the Flow will email the details to our Service Desk.

The problem is every email that Service Desk receives coming from myself, not the actual person who added the Planner task.

This is after I used the From field like below.

How can I change this?

My Flow is pretty simple: It triggers at when someone add the task to the Planner and then Email will be sent to Service Desk.Flow.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Planner and Email

Hi @wangl2 ,

Microsoft flow could only support the function to send an email from the shared mailbox.

If you want to send an email from another user, I afraid that your requirement couldn't be achieved with microsoft flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @wangl2 

I am assuming you are using the "When a new task is created in planner" trigger to trigger the flow. Note that in this type of triggers, you cannot actually configure the Run as Users. (Run as Users can be configured in only certain trigger types like the manual trigger flow. So in a manual trigger flow when you configure the run as user, you can set the connector provided by attribute to the person who triggers the flow). 

Now that the run as users is not an option, you can probably set up a shared email box and get access to that email box and use the send email from a shared mail box action to send the emails from that account. Apart from that you cannot set the send as option for the send an email action. (unless yo have access to the other mailbox)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wangl2 ,

Microsoft flow could only support the function to send an email from the shared mailbox.

If you want to send an email from another user, I afraid that your requirement couldn't be achieved with microsoft flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,947)