cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robf817
Regular Visitor

Posting a file to a Teams channel resulting in Text Only

Hello

When I add a flow as a new step to "Post message in a chat or channel" using Teams, I am only getting the Text of the file.  I've seen some similar posts here, but have not found a solution that will work.  

Toggling the HTML button doesn't do it, and when I save and go back to view flow, the HTML view is off.  The message is posting to the channel I've indicated, but no file. 

Files are being added to folders using the Synced One Drive folders, if that makes any difference. 

I'm very new to this, and my full time gig is not in IT or Development, so please be kind 🙂

Screen shot below

Robf817_1-1611334711343.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eureka, that seems to have worked.  I now see the link in the Channel.  I think I can remove the first line to clean it up a bit.  Thank you!

Question, since I have an alert set up in SP Alerts to send and email, if eliminate the "Get my Profile" and "send an Email" steps, will this still function correctly? 

Here is the current flow with updated:

Robf817_0-1611767028661.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Robf817,

I see you are posting as a user and to a channel. You can also do that with Post a Message (V3) action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/teams/#post-a-message-(v3)

Can you try to use that action and see if the HTML works in that one?

Expiscornovus

It is the same result.  No link appearing.  

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Robf817,

Can you try and use this html in the message field?

<a href="@{triggerOutputs()?['body/{Link}']}">@{triggerOutputs()?['body/{Name}']}</a>

testhtml_messageteams.png

Eureka, that seems to have worked.  I now see the link in the Channel.  I think I can remove the first line to clean it up a bit.  Thank you!

Question, since I have an alert set up in SP Alerts to send and email, if eliminate the "Get my Profile" and "send an Email" steps, will this still function correctly? 

Here is the current flow with updated:

Robf817_0-1611767028661.png

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Robf817,

Great to hear that the hyperlink in your teams message worked.

As far as I can tell from your screenshot it should still function and it shouldn't affect your SP Alerts. I don't see any dynamic values from either of those actions being used in your post a message (V3) action. 

Robf817
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help!

I'll make a copy of the flow and test...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,544)