cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Posting a file to a Teams channel resulting in Text Only

Hello

When I add a flow as a new step to "Post message in a chat or channel" using Teams, I am only getting the Text of the file.  I've seen some similar posts here, but have not found a solution that will work.  

Toggling the HTML button doesn't do it, and when I save and go back to view flow, the HTML view is off.  The message is posting to the channel I've indicated, but no file. 

Files are being added to folders using the Synced One Drive folders, if that makes any difference. 

I'm very new to this, and my full time gig is not in IT or Development, so please be kind 🙂

Screen shot below

Robf817_1-1611334711343.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eureka, that seems to have worked.  I now see the link in the Channel.  I think I can remove the first line to clean it up a bit.  Thank you!

Question, since I have an alert set up in SP Alerts to send and email, if eliminate the "Get my Profile" and "send an Email" steps, will this still function correctly? 

Here is the current flow with updated:

Robf817_0-1611767028661.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Robf817,

I see you are posting as a user and to a channel. You can also do that with Post a Message (V3) action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/teams/#post-a-message-(v3)

Can you try to use that action and see if the HTML works in that one?

Expiscornovus

It is the same result.  No link appearing.  

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Robf817,

Can you try and use this html in the message field?

<a href="@{triggerOutputs()?['body/{Link}']}">@{triggerOutputs()?['body/{Name}']}</a>

testhtml_messageteams.png

Eureka, that seems to have worked.  I now see the link in the Channel.  I think I can remove the first line to clean it up a bit.  Thank you!

Question, since I have an alert set up in SP Alerts to send and email, if eliminate the "Get my Profile" and "send an Email" steps, will this still function correctly? 

Here is the current flow with updated:

Robf817_0-1611767028661.png

View solution in original post

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Robf817,

Great to hear that the hyperlink in your teams message worked.

As far as I can tell from your screenshot it should still function and it shouldn't affect your SP Alerts. I don't see any dynamic values from either of those actions being used in your post a message (V3) action. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help!

I'll make a copy of the flow and test...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (102,415)