cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Power Automate Desktop Click failed (failed to get window) error

Hello,

I have created a web browser chrome flow in Power Automate Desktop. The flow opens my website in Chrome but when i come to the first action to click on a button on the webpage by using "Click UI Element in window" i get the following error :

Click failed (failed to get window): Robin.Core.ActionException: Click failed (failed to get window) ---> Robin.Shared.Runtime.ActionException: Click failed (failed to get window)
at Robin.Modules.UIAutomation.Actions.UIUtils.TryFuncThrowExceptionIfNull[T](Func`1 func, ActionException ae)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.UIAutomation.Actions.ClickElementInWindow.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Robin.Runtime.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

Someone that have a solution for this problem ? 

Kind regards.

3 REPLIES 3

I am also facing same issue. Is there any suggestion?

Hello, my friend.

I was having this same issue a few minutes back.

Just like you, I also tried to click at some area into a webpage using the same function "Click UI Element in window". 

What i didn't knew at the time was that PowerAutomate Desktop, in some cases, have almost identical functions labels, with a minor slightly difference: the last word. Apparently this error message occurs when you are trying to use a desktop\windows application related function, instead of a Web related function, working with Web Browsers.

2020-10-05_16h59_03.png

The same thing happens when you try to use "Populate text field in window" and "Populate text Field on web page" within Web Browsers.

2020-10-05_17h01_14.png

In my case, i changed the "Click UI Element in window" function to "Move mouse to image".

2020-10-05_17h09_36.png

This function works a little bit different. Inside the function window you have to select "Capture new image". Your mouse arrow cursor will change to a cross cursor. After that will just click and drag the desired area in the web page. Sometimes will be necessary to expand the selected area so the PowerAutomate Desktop can find the exactly spot you want, specially when the page contains multiples copies of that field/button/text. But no worries, it is possible to fine adjust the offsets into the Advanced tab so the click action hit the right spot.

PS.: Do not forget to enable Send a click after moving mouse

2020-10-05_17h20_26.png

PowerAutomate Desktop is super new and I am also facing some difficulties with the documentation and examples. Microsoft could provide some short videos showing how to perform some simple actions to help the community.

Hope this help you.

Thx this solved my problem 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,455)