cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mabel

Power Automate Flow returns "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." and the Flow fails

Hello,

I have several flows which work mostly with SharePoint API.
Usually I use "Get item", "Update item" and "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" actions.

Most of the time everything works as it should. However, sometimes actions fail seemingly because SharePoint Online server becomes unavailable.
In this case, "HTTP error 503" is clearly indicated, but the action itself displays "Status Code: 400" and the request cannot be automatically retried.

Could you kindly explain the actual failure reason and improve the flow?

Thank you!

HTTP Error 503.The service is unavailable.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Mabel,

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense.

I have seen this a couple of times and the challenging thing is that the status code returned is a 400.

You might be able use a workaround by using another action with the same request and configuring a run after (so, it will retry in case of a 400 response 😁).

configurerunafter_sendhttp.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Mabel,

Just to double check. Is there a forward slash in your list name. Or are you trying to retrieve a folder called 'courier notification of arrival' from a list called mail?

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Thank you for your attention.

No, I use the Japanese system. It's a SharePoint list, named "郵便・宅配便 到着通知".
It turned into a forward slash after I translated the page into English in the browser.
I use "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" to update data in the SharePoint list.Send an HTTP request to SharePoint.PNG

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Mabel,

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense.

I have seen this a couple of times and the challenging thing is that the status code returned is a 400.

You might be able use a workaround by using another action with the same request and configuring a run after (so, it will retry in case of a 400 response 😁).

configurerunafter_sendhttp.png

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Thanks for your proposal!
That's very effective.
I will use this to improve my flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,640)