cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
propeldc
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate SharePoint Connector: Accessing URL links stored in Document Libraries as a New Item trigger

Hello All.

I'd like to publicize on Teams when someone posts a URL item in the SharePoint Documents library.  And It appears that such URLs in such Libraries are neither Items nor Documents.  And searching about URLs in SharePoint libraries and lists is overwhelmed with getting URLs for regular docs and items and changing access permissions, etc.   There may well be content out there about how (or whether) these URLs can be accessed through the P.A. SharePoint connector, but I despaired of wading through that much that was clearly not what I sought and a mere artifact of limitations is English.

That's a screenshot of what I'd like to trigger a flow posting to Teams.  Can anyone help me out? Or is this use case in a lacuna of the SharePoint connector?Web capture_24-8-2021_211912_propelfoundation.sharepoint.com.jpeg

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@propeldc  you can use the trigger "When a file is created (properties only)" will trigger even when link is added to document library.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@propeldc  you can use the trigger "When a file is created (properties only)" will trigger even when link is added to document library.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,125)