cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidoregan
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate approval - Bad Gateway Access Denied

I have a Power Automate Flow for approving SharePoint news posts. I have created a permissions group called Content Creators and given them the required permissions to view, edit and create pages on the site.  

When somebody from this group submits a News post, the flow works fine, gets sent to a set of approvers, and the News post is approved and published. When a non-news page is submitted, the flow is supposed to check if the promoted state is 1, and if not then it sets it to Approved. (News posts that are already published can get approved straight away, possibly not great but a different issue)

This gets stuck on the 'Set content approval status' stage of the flow with the error:

davidoregan_0-1664184745783.png

When I added the approval requestor to the Site Owners permissions group, this works fine but obviously I can't add everyone to that group as I need to separate permissions for security reasons.

I tried a few solutions such as changing the Flow's 'Run only users' so that everything uses My connection instead of their own but I still get the same results.

davidoregan_1-1664184834404.png

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong here? Do I need to share the Flow with the users that are going to be using it?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,904)