cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukakico
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate approval notification issues - No Markdown, Actionable Messages, etc.

Hi everyone,

since today our tenant seems to have received an update for the approval notification mails. Also the sender of the mails has been changed from maccount@microsoft.com to flow-noreply@microsoft.com.

The first issue is that the mail doesn't show the applied Markdown formatting. 

The second issue is that Teams doesn't notify me anymore when I get an approval (I have checked my notification settings and they are still the same.

Below you can find a before and after for the approval mail notifications.

Before:

5c3c48d8-93ea-4c57-8ccb-8738d4c210cb.png

 After:

Approval_2new.png

Can we somehow enable Markdown for the new layout or was it simply removed? Or can we use the legacy layout we used before?

Does anyone have the same issue? Also actionable messages don't seem to work either anymore, neither from Outlook client nor from Outlook Web.

Thank you very much!

11 REPLIES 11
slimbu
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I am also having this same issue with the markdown formatting not being applied to the email notifications.

It does apply correctly to the approval itself on powerautomate, so fingers crossed it will be fixed soon!

jaina
Helper V
Helper V

Same concern. Have you also encountered duplicate approval email notification?

jaina_0-1661393585932.png

Fortunately I did not receive duplicates, hope you find a solution!

Also was this change announced by Microsoft in any type of form? (News, Blog, etc.)

Edit: Today it started sending duplicates for me too!

ychuan156
Advocate I
Advocate I

I face the same issue since last or this week too. The issue is markdown formatting in Power Automate Approval details displayed in a string without line break and formatting on Outlook client. It displayed correctly with formatting on Outlook web, Outlook mobile and also Ms Teams though. Hope this issue can be fixed soon.

ychuan156
Advocate I
Advocate I

Below is the response I received from Microsoft Support.

As per my investigation, it seems the issue is related to the Approval email address is now changed to flow-noreply@microsoft.com.

This is a known issue which already reported to the Product Group. Our developers have already acknowledged this problem. Technically, this is an unexpected side effect of this change. It causes the approval detail format will not be rendered correctly in fallback html for users due to a limitation of MEO [Microsoft Email Orchestrator] that MEO didn't accept customized raw html and style due to security reason, we're working with MEO for a fix for that

This helps a lot, thank you for sharing and let us know when you get updates. Thanks!

ychuan156
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same flow now sending approval email from maccount@microsoft.com instead of flow-noreply@microsoft.com. And guess what, markdown displays correctly in Outlook client and Ms Teams! Hope the same for you all!

Same for me but do you also have the issue that the delivery of the mail is vastly delayed?

I have a notification in Teams immediately but after 2 hours still no mail has been sent!

ychuan156
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Lukakico, I don't have the issue of delay mail. Check if you are using "Mail" connector to send mail. It has throttling limit that only send 5 mails in 5 minutes and also 100 mails in a day. You will encounter mail delay if you hit the daily limit. The 101th mail will be sent the next day.

Mail - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

If possible, use "Outlook" connector to send email instead.

Outlook.com - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Hi @ychuan156, I don't use the Mail connector, I activated notifications for approvals which sometimes don't arrive at all at the moment.

It's all a bit weird, the notification for the same approval in Teams works just fine.

ychuan156
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ah @Lukakico, in that case, the next thing I would check is Exchange, if you are sending notification internally. I am no expert in Exchange. I normally consult my colleague regarding Exchange.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,329)