cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Power Automate changing table names

I have a flow that has been running live for weeks and not changed. I connects to two Excel sheet with 3 tables in each. Today I find that the table names have been shuffled between actions causing a total mess. I must stress that absolutely no changes have been made to the flow or the spreadsheet table formats. How can flow do this and how can I avoid it?

9 REPLIES 9
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@stevejs 

What is the location your Excel spread sheet? If they are located in SharePoint Document library or One Drive, check the Version History to isolate when the table names were changed. 

Also, you can check the flow execution results to see if it made any such changes.

Regards

Krishna

Note: If my reply helps to resolve the issue, please mark the reply as Accept Solution. This will help other users to identify it as solution for the issue.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevejs ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more details about the issue? does the flow change the excel table name when runs? 

I have made a test and there is no action could update the table name in Microsoft flow currently.

Please make sure that you choose the table name from the drop down list when use excel actions.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The first few steps:

Capture1.PNG

The corrupted step (one of many):

Capture2.PNG

The sheet has 3 tables; Date, Orders, Receipts. In the above step the table changed from Date to Receipts.

This step has never been edited since creation.

In all steps referencing the Date table were changed to Receipts. All steps referencing the Receipts table were changed to Date.

Hi @stevejs ,

I suggest that you could create new excel with the three tables, and create a new flow to see if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exits, I suggest that you should create the tables in different excel files, each file would have one table in it.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The spreadsheets involved are used by 2 Power Apps as well as 3 flows.

What you are suggesting will involve many hours work.

Can you elaborate on why I should do this?

Hi @stevejs ,

Your issue couldn't be confirmed so you could take a try with the way that wouldn't has the issue.

Best Regards,

Alice

Not a solution. Followed your suggestion and now worse. What a waste of time.

As you can see below, the table name, which should be 'Receipts' has been changed. Messed up table names in all Excel steps. Multiple spreadsheets now, one table per spreadsheet.

Flow1.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I encountered the same problem.

This link might be helpfull.

If you manually adjust the excel files, the table names will shuffle.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/MS-Flow-Lost-Table-Names/td-p/295643

Thanks for that DonThomas10.

The problem first came up after weeks of running successfully  and no changes to table names or formats.

But I will make sure that the Flow is rebuilt after any table changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (67,136)