cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfitzsimmo1
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate to Smartsheet issue

Hi Community,

When I move numbers from my flow into Smartsheet, instead of 0.5, for example, it shows as '0.5

This is a concern because I want to use a formula in Smartsheets, but in its current state I am stuck with having to manually go in and delete the ' from each cell. Any solutions out there? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

Can you show your flow? If the ' doesnt exist in your data and is coming up in flow its quite possible that you might have a extra character some where.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Yeah here it is @Rahber 

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 1.04.35 PM.png

Then,

Initialize variable 

Name: Date Diff Ticks

Type: Integer

Value: sub(ticks(triggerBody()?['end']),ticks(triggerBody()?['start']))

Then,

Initialize variable 

Name: Difference Seconds

Value: div(variables('DateDiff Ticks'),10000000)

Then,

Initialize variable 

Name: Difference Hours

Value: div(variables('Difference Seconds'),3600.00)

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 1.08.58 PM.png

linxiao
Microsoft
Microsoft

Could you please provide the screenshot of your flow in edit mode. I'd like to see how do you move numbers from flow to Smartsheet.

@linxiao Here is it in edit mode, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your time!

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 7.12.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-23 at 7.12.53 AM.png

I saw that you are calculating the different hours which is a string type variable. The issue may caused by the formula in the Initialize variable 3 action. Please:

1. Show me that whole formula
  2. Take a screenshot of one of your failed running history, especially for the Initialize variable 3 step (expand that action then i can see the input and output of it).

@linxiao 

1. Initialize variable 3 formula - 

div(variables('Difference Seconds'),3600.00)

2. I do not have a failed running history, but if I change it from a string to an integer I get this:Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 7.55.28 AM.png

Typically it runs successfully and I get something like this, which correctly calculates everything, it just puts the ' 

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 7.56.36 AM.png

That's really weird.

However, why not have some tests?

• Test 1
  1. change the type of different hours  variable to float
  2. replace your formula with 0.3333
  3. run the flow
  4. check result

• Test 2
  1. keep the type as string
  2. replace your formula with 0.3333
  3. run the flow
  4. check result

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (44,960)