cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle461
Regular Visitor

Power Automate to Word Template Blanks - How to Hide/Disregard?

I have an automated process that collects responses from a Microsoft Form, runs through Power Automate (a "few" compose functions to strip data of special characters) and populates a Word Template. I have everything working fine until one of the non-required, multiple choice questions is not checked off. If have a series of four questions in the Form that are multiple answer, multiple choice questions that populate the template when the boxes are checked off. 

My question is, how do I get the space in the template (reserved for specific content control) to not take of up space if it's not filled in?

Kyle461_3-1621599456273.png

Kyle461_2-1621599404859.png

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Kyle461 

Not sure if this is an option for you, but why not just use one content control for your priorities and compose the section in PowerAutomate, submitting it as one.  This way you can skip anything that you don't require.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

That's definitely an option to play with. I guess the reason I have it set the way I do is I can play with the Titles (i.e. "PRIORITY 1: .....") popping on and off along with the options. Not sure if I could pull that off if they were all one conglomerate content control. But.....my supervisors may not care about the titles. Something to play with for sure but I'd still be interested in finding a possible solution to cause content controls to "hide" or go away so that space isn't used up by nothingness. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,167)