cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate to schedule meeting from channel

Hi Comunity, I'm working on a Flow to create a channel and schedule a meeting from that channel. The trigger is FORM.

All goon on creating the channel and sending a message in the newly create channel, but when I schedule the meeting, I don't have the option of "Add Channel" like I do in the manually create form.

Is there any workaround for this?

Note: In the image below, my intention was to circle "Add Channel" (my bad)

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ernest_Campos,

Actually, the Add channel setting in the Add meeting board is a feature of sending a message to a specified channel.

Currently, the add a meeting action not supported to choose a channel. 

As a workaround, you could create a Send message action after creating a meeting action to send the meeting to a channel you like, for example, it can achieve the same effect:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 152437.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ernest_Campos,

Actually, the Add channel setting in the Add meeting board is a feature of sending a message to a specified channel.

Currently, the add a meeting action not supported to choose a channel. 

As a workaround, you could create a Send message action after creating a meeting action to send the meeting to a channel you like, for example, it can achieve the same effect:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 152437.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-litu-msft , Thanks for replying so quickly. 

I thought about that option as well, in fact, I am actually using that to let the original user know about the channel and the meeting location where the issue will be managed.

But one of the reasons why I would like to have that meeting posted in the channel right away is so regardless of whenever you have joined the meeting, you can actually see all meeting history if you also join the channel.

We had an issue recently where we had the two resources not "tied" together, and it was just a nightmere. 

Having Microsoft making that field available in Power Automate would really really help me a lot. 

Image-MSFLOW post.png

Frequent Visitor

I am wondering if there is a way to achieve this via Tracked Properties.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ernest_Campos,

Sorry, currently, it is not supported, you could go to IDEA forum to submit your idea, collect votes to make it could come true in the future:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas 

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (92,447)