cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ks4050kt
Helper II
Helper II

PowerAutomate flow is not shown in PowerApps in case of Solutions with Parent/Child flow

I developed Parent/Child flow in "Solutions", and they are working well in each test running.

But this parent flow is not shown in PowerApps when I selected button and menu "Action > PowerAutomate" in PowerApps. Other PowerApps trigger flows are shown in the list thru PowerApps.

Do I need any setting for Solution (Parent/Child flow) to be shown in PowerApps menu?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ks4050kt 

My understanding is that the child flows can't be created outside a solution and also the parent needs to be in a solution.

But the Flows created from a power apps button / CDS Model Driven app form are currently can't be included in a solution.

So the work around i suggest is to make the parent to be triggered on a specific field update? Are you using CDS or SharePoint?

Parent - Child in a solution, then your flow from power apps will be used to update a field that triggers the Parent Flow.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ks4050kt

WWhat is the trigger on the parent flow? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly, My trigger of parent flow is "Power Apps". Is this correct??

ks4050kt_0-1595801260858.png

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ks4050kt 

My understanding is that the child flows can't be created outside a solution and also the parent needs to be in a solution.

But the Flows created from a power apps button / CDS Model Driven app form are currently can't be included in a solution.

So the work around i suggest is to make the parent to be triggered on a specific field update? Are you using CDS or SharePoint?

Parent - Child in a solution, then your flow from power apps will be used to update a field that triggers the Parent Flow.

View solution in original post

@Mira_Ghaly 

Yes, your solution is working well. Thank you so much.

I set trigger with SharePoint;

PowerApps Trigger Flow↓↓

ks4050kt_0-1595861818379.png

Parent Flow ↓↓

ks4050kt_0-1595861470268.png

But just wondering, if this method is using, no need to adopt Parent/Child flow... "Create item in Sharepoint" will be parent flow, then Child flow will be run.

The purpose of separation for Parent/Child flow is to control access by users, hence finally meet the purpose, but "Run a Child Flow" action is not indispensable...

What do you think?? @Mira_Ghaly 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (53,808)