cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ks4050kt
Helper II
Helper II

PowerAutomate flow is not shown in PowerApps in case of Solutions with Parent/Child flow

I developed Parent/Child flow in "Solutions", and they are working well in each test running.

But this parent flow is not shown in PowerApps when I selected button and menu "Action > PowerAutomate" in PowerApps. Other PowerApps trigger flows are shown in the list thru PowerApps.

Do I need any setting for Solution (Parent/Child flow) to be shown in PowerApps menu?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ks4050kt 

My understanding is that the child flows can't be created outside a solution and also the parent needs to be in a solution.

But the Flows created from a power apps button / CDS Model Driven app form are currently can't be included in a solution.

So the work around i suggest is to make the parent to be triggered on a specific field update? Are you using CDS or SharePoint?

Parent - Child in a solution, then your flow from power apps will be used to update a field that triggers the Parent Flow.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ks4050kt

WWhat is the trigger on the parent flow? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly, My trigger of parent flow is "Power Apps". Is this correct??

ks4050kt_0-1595801260858.png

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ks4050kt 

My understanding is that the child flows can't be created outside a solution and also the parent needs to be in a solution.

But the Flows created from a power apps button / CDS Model Driven app form are currently can't be included in a solution.

So the work around i suggest is to make the parent to be triggered on a specific field update? Are you using CDS or SharePoint?

Parent - Child in a solution, then your flow from power apps will be used to update a field that triggers the Parent Flow.

View solution in original post

@Mira_Ghaly 

Yes, your solution is working well. Thank you so much.

I set trigger with SharePoint;

PowerApps Trigger Flow↓↓

ks4050kt_0-1595861818379.png

Parent Flow ↓↓

ks4050kt_0-1595861470268.png

But just wondering, if this method is using, no need to adopt Parent/Child flow... "Create item in Sharepoint" will be parent flow, then Child flow will be run.

The purpose of separation for Parent/Child flow is to control access by users, hence finally meet the purpose, but "Run a Child Flow" action is not indispensable...

What do you think?? @Mira_Ghaly 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,630)