cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MS_Sol
Level: Powered On

Prevent flow result as failed when using configure run after to handle expected

I am using the error handling functionality to get an entity from an Azure table and on failure add the entity if it doesnt exist.  As far as I know this is the only way to handle this requirement to not create duplicate entities.  

The flow attempts says they failed when in fact the parallel actions for failed attempts to get the entity did add the entity as desired.  This gives the impression that the flow isnt working.  Also, I wont know if it every really doesnt work because it will be always saying failed except when there is an existing entity.

Am I missing something, or is this a gap in the solution?  Seems like you could have a setting on the confiure run after to not mark the flow as failed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MS_Sol

Re: Prevent flow result as failed when using configure run after to handle expected

I figured it out.  FIrst, I changed from get entity to get entities.  Then the data comes back in one of the outputs as JSON.  I took some sample JSON from the response and added parse JSON action using that to build my schema.  Now the parse json output has each of my properties

resource 1.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Prevent flow result as failed when using configure run after to handle expected

Hi @MS_Sol,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Can you provide flow run details?

Do you mean that Flow added entity as expected, but shows Failed?

Please check and see if the following blog would help:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/error-handling/

It would be helpful if you could post some screenshot.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MS_Sol

The flow checks for a record is the table.  If it is not there, then it does a bunch of actions and then insert a record in the table.  The idea is the actions should only be done if there is no record.  Since my flow is configured for error handling and the failure is expected and configured to take actions, I would expect the flow runs to be listed as successful not as failures.  If flow has actions to check for records without using an error to handle it, I would, but it doesnt.  In any other coding a handled error can be set to not show the run as a failure (and ususally is by default)

Here is the snipet of the part of the flow:

resource 1.JPG

Highlighted
MS_Sol

I figured it out.  FIrst, I changed from get entity to get entities.  Then the data comes back in one of the outputs as JSON.  I took some sample JSON from the response and added parse JSON action using that to build my schema.  Now the parse json output has each of my properties

resource 1.JPG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,314)