cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pull email body, enter new line in spreadsheet table

Hi all, first time posting here and I am stumped!
My flow is set up so that when a specific shared email account receives a message from a specific email address with a specific subject line to extract the body of the email and insert a new line in a table with that extracted data.

(I'm in education and D2L Brightspace allowed me to set up an Intelligent Agent that when students do not turn in an assignment, I get an email containing specific text like: course name, first name, last name, user name, missed assignment, etc.)

Last night my Intelligent Agent ran as expected from Brightspace and sent 110 emails to the shared account.

For some reason, flow only picked up 38 of those 110 emails.

I did look and saw there was a long list of flows that failed completion. The failure was always in the last stage of adding a line to the table.

Machine_0-1596569976521.png

The listed clientRequestId is different for all of the runs.

My only guess is that the same flow was running at the same time and hit the spreadsheet request simultaneously? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Pull email body, enter new line in spreadsheet table

Hello @Machine 

Please take a look at the known issues and limitations when using Excel from Flow - you may be affected by those.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

If you have the option, try using a SharePoint list instead to store the information.

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

@JohnAageAnderse  The spreadsheet is in Sharepoint. Or am I missing something there?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Machine 

Your Excel file is stored in a list (a document library) in SharePoint.

What I meant is that a custom list can be used to store your information without using an Excel file and thus avoid the limitations that Excel has.

What is your role with regard to SharePoint? User, sitecollection owner, other?

Kind regards, John

Highlighted

@JohnAageAnderse  I honestly only realized it was being held in Sharepoint is because Teams has a link that says to open in sharepoint.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Machine 

Ok 🙂👍 A Teams has behind it a SharePoint site. If you are an Owner in your Teams, then you also have the permission to create lists in there.

Do you have anyone with knowledge about SharePoint that could help?

Otherwise you may have to make sure that your Flow does not get "overloaded" by too many emails at the same time.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,098)