cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

RSS feed to excel missing runs

I have a flow set up to add a row to a spreadsheet for 2 RSS feeds. One of them works fine and never misses any data. The other only work periodically, missing triggers on some days. I can't figure out why its only picking up on some of the triggers and not others; any advice?

Working one 

Missing data one

I have the same RSS feeds set up in Zapier and they work fine with no missing runs so not sure where it's going wrong. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: RSS feed to excel missing runs

@ClimbingC 

Missing triggers or flow runs happens due to various reasons:

Flows has a daily limit of 2000 API calls. How many actions do you have in your flows including current one and other flows running with same account.  If you exceed more than 2K API calls, you may experience this.

Its been two weeks the issue was reported. Is the issue resolved or is it still open.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@rsaikrishna  Thank you for responding. 

Is there a way I can limit the number of calls to the RSS feed so it only looks a couple of times a day. That is it checks if there are any changes to the RSS on a limited basis, comparing the previous pull and the current data? I'm not technical so don't know if that makes sense? I only need to update the spreadsheet once a day with anything new published on the single RSS feed. I can't post a picture but it's just a vanilla RSS to sharepoint excel.  There are no errors or failed flows either so not sure where it's going wrong.

There are other flows running on the same account but should be no where near 2000 API calls a day - is there somewhere i can check this?

Thank you again for your help

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@ClimbingC 

You can use a Scheduled trigger to run your flow as per your requirement such  as daily twice or once or other custom days/time.

OR

There is a trigger for RSS - "When a feed item is published"

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_rss/rss/

If you use above trigger, then the flow will run only when a new RSS item is published.

Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/rss/#when-a-feed-item-is-published

Note: There is already a flow template which reads RSS and writes to Excel file. You can use this template and create a new flow to check the logic. You can use this as a reference for your requirement.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-US/galleries/public/templates/527f6c1f6ad948c5800dfb20f1f5c2f8/rss-...

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ok, so I've set an interval and it seems to be pulling through all of the feed now. However, it pulls everything, every time from when the flow was set up. What condition do I need to use to make it only add new items from the last run? 

There's a 'since' field from the list all RSS but I don't know how to write "since the last time the flow ran".

This is what the flow looks like now:

ClimbingC_0-1593418980739.png

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (11,360)