cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Reference Checked Out To Flow SharePoint Document Library

Hi,

I am new to Flow and would like to reference the 'Checked Out To' column of the SharePoint document library. No problem with all other columns but just not able to reference checked out to column. I have tried multiple options:

items('Apply_to_each')?['CheckoutUser']?['DisplayName']

items('Apply_to_each')?['CheckoutUser']?['User.Name']

items('Apply_to_each')?['CheckoutUser']?['OWSUSER']

items('Apply_to_each')?['CheckoutUser']?['USER']

items('Apply_to_each')?['CheckedOutTo']?['DisplayName']

items('Apply_to_each')?['CheckedOutTo']?['User.Name']

items('Apply_to_each')?['Checked_x0020_Out_x0020_To']?['User.Name']

items('Apply_to_each')?['Checked_x0020_Out_x0020_To']?['DisplayName']

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @MiteshSudan 

I believe that the checked out to as an attribute is not returned on the Get files (Properties) or get file properties actions. When you run the flow with these actions, ou can check the run history and expand these actions to see what all attributes have been returned and you can in turn only use those attributes. (Makes sense?)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @MiteshSudan 

This is not returned as part of the response object

might be a good item to add to user voice

You would have to fire an extra rest api call using http request to SharePoint action to get it

/_api/Web/GetFileByServerRelativeUrl('fileURL')/CheckedOutByUser/LoginName

There is a IsCheckedOut property which you check first to see if file is checked out, if Yes then call rest api

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,387)