cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pennyland
Advocate II
Advocate II

Requested By in Approval Email sent from PowerAutomate

How can i have the person that submitted the form as the 'Requested By' instead of the person that wrote the flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@pennyland 

I agree with the comments from @Pstork1 and @v-alzhan-msft but would like to offer a couple of suggestions.

First, you might consider using a "Service account" when creating the approval Flows - the request will then show as coming from the service account.  You might name the account something lik "Flow Service".

Also, if you click on advanced settings in the approval action, you'll see an option for Requestor.  You can populate the Requestor with the person who is actually asking for the approval.  The first line in the approval email will say Requested for: and then the name you supplied.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To do that they have to be the one running the flow.  There is no option to change the Requested By field in the Approval Email.  If you trigger the flow using a selected item or file trigger that will run the flow in the context of the person who kicks off the flow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pennyland ,

There is no any way to custom the Requested By person in Microsoft flow currently, and as @Pstork1  said, unless the person that submit the response and the person that create the flow is the same person.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@pennyland 

I agree with the comments from @Pstork1 and @v-alzhan-msft but would like to offer a couple of suggestions.

First, you might consider using a "Service account" when creating the approval Flows - the request will then show as coming from the service account.  You might name the account something lik "Flow Service".

Also, if you click on advanced settings in the approval action, you'll see an option for Requestor.  You can populate the Requestor with the person who is actually asking for the approval.  The first line in the approval email will say Requested for: and then the name you supplied.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the 'Service Account' would work and sounds like the only viable option.  The second part about adding in the 'Requestor' doesn't add anything as you can add the the 'Responders Email' to the Details of the approval which gives the name of the person requesting the approval.  I personally think this a HUGE oversight by Microsoft that this can't be change in the settings, unless they expecting a service account to be used for this.  But that's not always possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,186)