cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

Return the question text from a form rather than the answer

Hi all. I've been 'learning' MS Flow over the last couple of weeks and getting a lot of the help I need from this forum. So thank you!

One thing I am struggling with, and I am sure it is easy - I am sending emails containing MS Form responses. There is a question with a list of yes/no answers...ScreenShot.jpg

In the email, I want to simply list the ones people have answered 'yes' to. 

if(equals(body('Get_response_details')?['r4d7dc951c7b54896a9ab3b73194a696e'],'Yes'),concat(body('Get_response_details')?['r4d7dc951c7b54896a9ab3b73194a696e'],', '),'')

This, ^ obviously, returns "Yes, ", when I want it to return "Induction - 1 day, ".

I know *why* it does what it does, but I don't know how to get it to do what I would like! (It's a lot like parenting a toddler.)

I've looked to see if there is something else I can do instead of the Get_Response_Details, but to no avail. And so; I am here.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

Oh gosh. I figured it out. I am dense! I just needed to change the "value if true" bit to what I *actually* wanted. Ugh!

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LadyPatience ,

If your problem has been solved, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

Oh gosh. I figured it out. I am dense! I just needed to change the "value if true" bit to what I *actually* wanted. Ugh!

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LadyPatience ,

If your problem has been solved, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello LadyPatience,

Could you please help me a little bit more because I don't understand clearly the solution to this topic...

😥

What did you replace in 

if(equals(body('Get_response_details')?['r4d7dc951c7b54896a9ab3b73194a696e'],'Yes'),concat(body('Get_response_details')?['r4d7dc951c7b54896a9ab3b73194a696e'],', '),'')

Could you post the example ?

BR.

I think it was solved by writing the question as the result 'if true'.  I did find a way to dynamically do this, I posted my solution here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Pull-MS-Forms-Question/m-p/560273/highlight/true#...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (97,665)