cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nihil1
Frequent Visitor

Running Microsoft Flow as Service Account

HI All,

Currently all the flows / teams flows are running under my account.

Is there anyway where we can run flows as service account ? so for example if i leave company  flows will still run if  my account is disabled.

Any Help is appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Nihil1 

You can create another account (service account) and make the service account a co-owner of all Flows.  Then, you'll need to change the connections for all of the actions to use the service account.  

In addition, you'll need to make sure that the service account has all of the licenses that it needs - that means that the service account  will need an Office 365/Microsoft 365 license.  Finally, you'll need to make sure that the service account has access to everything that it needs to in order to successfully run your Flows - this means access to SharePoint lists, shared mailboxes, etc..

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Thanks Scott for the reply i will give this a try 

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Nihil1 

You can create another account (service account) and make the service account a co-owner of all Flows.  Then, you'll need to change the connections for all of the actions to use the service account.  

In addition, you'll need to make sure that the service account has all of the licenses that it needs - that means that the service account  will need an Office 365/Microsoft 365 license.  Finally, you'll need to make sure that the service account has access to everything that it needs to in order to successfully run your Flows - this means access to SharePoint lists, shared mailboxes, etc..

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks Scott for the reply i will give this a try 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,302)