cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFTP connector and special characters in csv file

Hi!

I have encountered an issue when files are copied with the SFTP connector from a sharepoint site to a SFTP server with special characters in csv files. It seems this has started suddenly from somewhere around end of March 2019. At least one special character it changes is á to ï¿½ instead.

This same flow also moves the file from one place to another after the SFTP connector on the sharepoint site and the file is ok when that is done.

Here is the flow:

2019-05-06 14_57_01-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-lin-msft
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous,

Depending on what you type, it should be French, if your expected character is á, please type á instead.

This link is UTF-8 Encoding Debugging Chart as below:

https://www.i18nqa.com/debug/utf8-debug.html

If you still have problem, I advise you to do nothing but wait for this file to be cleared or to resubmit request to restart the flow.

I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lin-msft ,

I can unfortunately not change what is coming out of the source system, it comes in the csv file as e.g. á or ø.

Why is the SFTP connector changing the character when it runs?

Hi @Anonymous,

Perhaps utf-8 does not support the conversion of French vowels in CSV file format. You may could to try other methods, such as changing connetor in other file format to store your data.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,520)