cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PedroRibeiro
Level: Powered On

[SOLVED] Get files (properties only) does not list all files

Hi guys,
I have a folder in sharepoint online with 26k files. Most of them are office files (doc, xls).

2019-09-12_14h24_32.png

I'm trying to create a flow that list all these documents. I use the "Get files (properties only)" action, but I can't get all the files, even I set the top count option.
I only get about 160, but I know I have a lot more.

2019-09-12_14h27_18.png

There's another way to get all files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PedroRibeiro

[SOLVED] Re: Get files (properties only) does not list all files

Hi,

I was able to check that the flow free license (that I use) only returns 5000 records. This was my problem.

https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-pt/flow/limits-and-config

I solved my problem, with the pagination option in Settings of "Get items". After setting this, I get all my office files.

2019-09-13_13h40_33.png

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get files (properties only) does not list all files

Hi @PedroRibeiro,

I could not test your issue cause I have no such a number of files. Can you get the all files(26620) without any Filter Query?

The Top count is the total number of entries to retrieve (default = all).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#get-files-(properties-only)

Maybe you can have a test use the Http request to get files. After that, use the Parse JSON to get the dynamic content, then use the Filter action the files with docx, xlsx, etc.

Working-with-folders-and-files-with-rest#working-with-folders-by-using-rest

Annotation 2019-09-13 140542.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Get files (properties only) does not list all files

Hi @PedroRibeiro 

I just made a test on my side and I have it working as expected. Can you try this: eer5.PNG

Expression: 

length(body('Get_files_(properties_only)')?['value'])

Please try removing the filter query and check how many items are being returned by using the length function. Then start adding the filter queries to check if the individual file types increase. Can you check inside the folder if there are further any folders that have the other files? 

Also, when you run the flow, can you check if it is timing out at some point on the Get Files action?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
PedroRibeiro

[SOLVED] Re: Get files (properties only) does not list all files

Hi,

I was able to check that the flow free license (that I use) only returns 5000 records. This was my problem.

https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-pt/flow/limits-and-config

I solved my problem, with the pagination option in Settings of "Get items". After setting this, I get all my office files.

2019-09-13_13h40_33.png

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Get files (properties only) does not list all files

Hey @PedroRibeiro 

Glad that you were able to resolve! Just a point here that you are using the Get Items action (this basically is for the List items in sharepoint) and for files it is advised to use Get Files (Properties) while dealing with files (Currently you are using the document library as a list and it is fine as long as it works and meets the requirements)!

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 184 members 5,736 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: