cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kos
Regular Visitor

SQL Server 2017 On-Prem via Gateway - trigger "When an item is created" doesn't work

Hello,

I'm trying setup Flow using SQL trigger "When an item is created" and it doesn't work. Looks like trigger doesn't collect information about new strings that appears in the database. I can perform a test and it passes succesfully: flow reads information from database but only first string.

Also I have additional Flow using the same database and same gateway with trigger "When an item is modified" and it works without any issues.

How to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kos
Regular Visitor

Thank you!

I added IDENTITY column to the table and everything works perfectly now:

ALTER TABLE dbo."table_name"
add ident INT IDENTITY;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

The SQL connector has an extensive list of issues and limitations that you may want to review, and you may also wantto review the On-premise gateway troubleshooting documentation.

Outside of that, if you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

kos
Regular Visitor

Thank you!

I added IDENTITY column to the table and everything works perfectly now:

ALTER TABLE dbo."table_name"
add ident INT IDENTITY;

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,266)