cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebV
Frequent Visitor

Same flow, same data fails and succeeds within an hour

I have a Record Form Responses in SharePoint that I've adjusted to also pull the user's name from their user profile and update the item in SharePoint. It has been working great, but today I got a failure notice. The flow failed twice in about 10 minutes. The weird part is that the same user submitted 9 forms in under an hour and 7 went through with no problems, but two in a row failed. The data got posted, but not the user's name. It is exactly the same email address that it is looking up. Four went through fine, two failed and then three more went through fine.

I can't figure out why they failed. Any suggestions as to how to prevent this from happening again would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Our IT department made a server switch in mid day without notifying anyone. The glitch in the flow was the switchover occuring. Not sure why it did, but that was the only thing going on that day and all flows before and since have worked fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebV,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the error message and run history when the flow run failed?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Our IT department made a server switch in mid day without notifying anyone. The glitch in the flow was the switchover occuring. Not sure why it did, but that was the only thing going on that day and all flows before and since have worked fine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (3,024)