cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same flow, same data fails and succeeds within an hour

I have a Record Form Responses in SharePoint that I've adjusted to also pull the user's name from their user profile and update the item in SharePoint. It has been working great, but today I got a failure notice. The flow failed twice in about 10 minutes. The weird part is that the same user submitted 9 forms in under an hour and 7 went through with no problems, but two in a row failed. The data got posted, but not the user's name. It is exactly the same email address that it is looking up. Four went through fine, two failed and then three more went through fine.

I can't figure out why they failed. Any suggestions as to how to prevent this from happening again would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Same flow, same data fails and succeeds within an hour

Our IT department made a server switch in mid day without notifying anyone. The glitch in the flow was the switchover occuring. Not sure why it did, but that was the only thing going on that day and all flows before and since have worked fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebV,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the error message and run history when the flow run failed?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Our IT department made a server switch in mid day without notifying anyone. The glitch in the flow was the switchover occuring. Not sure why it did, but that was the only thing going on that day and all flows before and since have worked fine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Users online (5,104)