cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
fsuplee
Regular Visitor

Saving email attachment to SharePoint document library Skips and Fails more than succeeds

I am having trouble using the template "Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library".  We are using a form built in Excel for screening applicants.  When the form is complete and submitted, an email is sent from the screener's email to the hiring manager with three attachments (one is .xlsb and the other two are .pdf).  This email is CC'd to our tech screen inbox.  We have a rule in place in the tech screen inbox to move that email to a specific folder.  That rule works as designed.

 

The Flow is set up to grab that new email and save the attachments to a specific folder on SharePoint.  The problem we are having is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I have tried submitting the form directly and that doesn't work at all even though the email is received and filtered via the rule as designed.  If I send documents from my inbox to the Tech Screen inbox, that works...sometimes.  I have had it pull some of the attachments but not all and have had it pull none, as well have had the Flow successfully pull all of the attachments.

 

I have adjusted permissions on SPO and that does not help.  I have also looked at the Flow runs for this Flow and I see that many of these have been Skipped.  

 

I'm stumped here and could use some help, please.

 

Thanks,

 

Fred

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @fsuplee,

 

I got a similar flow and it never had any issues. My flow runs every minute.

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm,

 

We actually spent a lot of time troubleshooting this issue today.  Turns out the filenames were too long.  I have now built a SharePoint library at the root level of the site collection for these documents.  That seems to have fixed the problem.

 

The biggest issue we have is in how vague the error messages are.  All we ever saw was that we may not have enough permissions.  That had nothing to do with the filename length limitations in SharePoint.  I can't imagine why Microsoft cannot come up with more specific errors.

 

At any rate, now that we have it figured out we are making the necessary changes.

 

Thanks

Hi @abm,

 

The reply above was my response to your comment.  Was logged in with my other account.  Thanks again for reaching out.

 

@fsuplee

Hi @techscreen, @fsuplee

 

Thanks for letting me know. You can report this to the ideas forum.

 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

 

Thanks

 



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Tank you so much for posting the solution, I was breaking my head looking for the reason.

As you mentioned, the message of microsoft was totally different and useless.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,225)