cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenaCucu

Schedule flow and response

Hei!

I would like to change my instant button trigger to a schedule but since I am using a Response, I am not allowed to. The structure or the flow is fairly simple:

1. PowerApps trigger button / Need to change to a schedule

2. Running a SQL query (joining two tables to get the list of names)

3. Response to get the result (a list of names)

Furthermore, this result (list of names) I am saving in a temp collection in the app and I use it in a dropdown.

This is the context and the issue is having a schedule and the response work. I have tried and got that exact error. 

Any new ideas are welcomed!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you switch the trigger to a recurrence trigger then there is no process for the HTTP response to return results to.  That's why you can't change the trigger.  Depending on the schedule you want to use you could put a delay action immediately following the trigger to delay the run until a particular point in time.  Or if you want the results to be reported in a list or something you could do a recurrence trigger and write the results to SharePoint instead of returning them via a Response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hei! Thanks for confirming and the explanations.

1. I was thinking of rather saving the list in a sharepoint list and then accessing it from PowerApps. I have not yet managed to save it to a list however. Is it not possible?

2.  I have only managed to save it to an excel in sharepoint group but that I cannot use or access through PowerApps.

I an fairly new so might need some step-by-step explanations.

Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to save the list to a SharePoint list.  You should also be able to use the Excel spreadsheet you create in Power Apps.  Although formatting and timing is more difficult then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,823)