I would like to change my instant button trigger to a schedule but since I am using a Response, I am not allowed to. The structure or the flow is fairly simple:
1. PowerApps trigger button / Need to change to a schedule
2. Running a SQL query (joining two tables to get the list of names)
3. Response to get the result (a list of names)
Furthermore, this result (list of names) I am saving in a temp collection in the app and I use it in a dropdown.
This is the context and the issue is having a schedule and the response work. I have tried and got that exact error.
Any new ideas are welcomed!
If you switch the trigger to a recurrence trigger then there is no process for the HTTP response to return results to. That's why you can't change the trigger. Depending on the schedule you want to use you could put a delay action immediately following the trigger to delay the run until a particular point in time. Or if you want the results to be reported in a list or something you could do a recurrence trigger and write the results to SharePoint instead of returning them via a Response.
Hei! Thanks for confirming and the explanations.
1. I was thinking of rather saving the list in a sharepoint list and then accessing it from PowerApps. I have not yet managed to save it to a list however. Is it not possible?
2. I have only managed to save it to an excel in sharepoint group but that I cannot use or access through PowerApps.
I an fairly new so might need some step-by-step explanations.
Yes, you should be able to save the list to a SharePoint list. You should also be able to use the Excel spreadsheet you create in Power Apps. Although formatting and timing is more difficult then.
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.
A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!