Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherif77
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled flow to Import Excel Items to SP list

Hello,

I have scheduled a Flow that runs every hour to Import Excel Items to SP list The Importation goes smoothly without any problems however once the Flow Import the 5K Rows in my Excel Files it re-import all the List again and again,

I set the flow once any item imported the Status for such item changes its Transfer Status to Transferred.

I'm not sure what makes such infinite loop even I’m Setting a condition if Transfer Status = "Pending" flow should copy the line. & another condition if Transfer Status not equal Transferred. even removed the Second condition and the results as is.

appreciating your detailed explanation by putting any expressions clear in your reply as I'm a bit new to the flow process. Thank you In advance.

sherif77_1-1616913670125.pngsherif77_2-1616913713010.png

sherif77_3-1616913746423.png

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @sherif77 

Presumably your condition is always evaluating to true?

2 things to consider

1. insert 2 compose actions (for debug) prior to the condition using the dynamic content you have supplied in the condition action.  You can then run your flow and check the history to see what data is being returned by the dynamic values.  Does it match you condition?  Should it be evaluating true or there something wrong?

2. try a filter from the list rows action. If you haven't done this, you are returning all rows each time and will eventually have problems with limits and efficiency.  Try and filter based on your column:

TransferStatus eq 'Pending'

Make sure you get the column name correctly from the body of a run history and also ensure pending is in the correct case.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

Hi @sherif77 

How are you getting on?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,720)