cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send Separate Approvals for Different User Names

Good day everyone,

Okay.  So I have set up an approval process based on a Sharepoint list.  I have a scheduled flow that goes through the Sharepoint list and sends the whole list for approval and then when it is approved moves the items to an excel sheet to record that they are approved for payment.  Problem is that if I do not approve them all, then none of them get approved.

What I am wondering is if  I can somehow set up a filter for my flow that would group all the items by user name and send a different request for each list based on the user without me pre-defining the user name list.  I have a broad idea of how to work around if I know every user name ahead of time, but I am wondering if I can just have it filter without predefining.

Like this:

User NameItemCost
BobBananas$300
JillOranges$200
JillPotatoes$400
CarlMilk$100

I would like to receive 3 emails with 3 separate approvals based on the presence of three user names on this list.  This example would be simple to handle line by line, but my current situation means there are potentially 100 lines across 5-10 people every week, so I would rather not have to approve them individually.

My flow currently looks like this:

Derricks_0-1594661309040.png

Thoughts?

Thanks all,

Derrick

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send Separate Approvals for Different User Names

Hi @Derricks ,

You could refer to the thread to configure Flow:

Solved: Re: Sending Scheduled Emails with Excel Rows Inclu... - Power Platform Community

If you want to fill the HTML table in Approval email, using Approval action is not work, Approval email body only supports MarkDown to format the body.

You can consider using Send an email with options action to create Approval request.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,562)