Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h4X6
Helper I
Helper I

Send as form submitter

Hello everyone

I am trying to complete my flow with the ability to have the from be the responders email.

h4X6_0-1618853034249.png

How can I set this up to send as them, without the need to go into each and everyone user profile and set up send as manually? I have over 250 users in my tenant, and need all of them to have the ability to do this form, and it send as them so that when I reply it replies to them.

I would also like to that they not have the ability to regularly send from that account. meaning I do not want the email account to show in their outlook.

Essentially I have systems@mytenant.com set up as the connection, but want the person's email show submitted the form to show instead of that. Again, this way, when I reply its to that persons email.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

flows that run using an automated trigger run in the security context of the maker.  In that case to change the from of an email the maker must have "Send As" permission to every mailbox that will be used for the from.  With 250 users that probably isn't feasible.  The alternative is to change the trigger to a manual trigger.  Flows started with a manual trigger run in the context of the user who started the flow.  Then you can use that user's email mailbox to in the from field of the email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
h4X6
Helper I
Helper I

Like this:

h4X6_0-1618854785321.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Sorry, I misunderstood.  You are talking about sending the email out from the person who submitted the Microsoft Form response. A manual trigger won't help in this case because you need the When a response is submitted trigger to get the response of the actual MS form. A flow can't have two triggers.  So in this case there is no way to get the flow to run in the context of the user who submitted the MS Form.  Your only option would be to give the maker of the flow (It could be a service account) send as permission to all the mailboxes you want to use as from addresses.  There is no other workaround in this case.

h4X6
Helper I
Helper I

Ok, no worries... I can do that... I think... Again, new to all this, I have searched for instructions on how to do this, but nothing is really clear to me.

Also, doing that, i want to make sure that the end user wouldnt have the ability to send as systems@mytenant.com from their outlook whenever they want.

Any instructions or thoughts are very much appreciated!

Edit: Current the form is set up under the systems@mytenant.com , i'm assuming i can change that to be the service account whenever i figure out how to do that?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you grant systems@mytentant.com "Send As" permissions to a person's mailbox that doesn't give that person any permission to the Systems mailbox.  If they try to use the existing connection it should prompt them to login to their own mailbox.  Here's info on how to assign the permission.

Give mailbox permissions to another user - Admin Help - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs

And yes, you should be able to change the connection to a service account if you edit the flow as the service account.

So if i go into systems@mytenant.com settings in admin portal, i can then add all 250 users with send as, and it will work as I want?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

No, its the other way around.  You would have to go to each mailbox and give Systems@mytenant.com permissions to their mailbox.  As I said, its not very practical.  As an Exchange admin you should also be able to script it using PowerShell.

Configuring “Send As” Permission in Office 365 using PowerShell – Mike F Robbins

Based on that, I am thinking this would work as well? :

https://marckean.com/2013/06/17/add-send-as-permission-to-all-users-in-office-365/

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, I believe that would work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (28,935)