cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryCapita
Level: Powered On

Send email when submitting form from the user who submitted the form

I have created a form with flow connecting to outlook. When the form is submitted outlook sends out emails according to the data submitted on the form, however the emails get sent from my email address.

What I would like the flow to do is send emails from the user's email address who submitted the form.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email when submitting form from the user who submitted the form

@larryCapita:

The emails are sent from the account of the connection used for the send email action.  There is an option to send as someone else but that would require that they grant you appropriate permissions in Exchange/Outlook to send as them.

As a work around, you might consider using a dedicated account to send the emails (service account).  That way, at least the emails would not show as being from you.

If this answerers your question, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
WDRC
Level 8

Re: Send email when submitting form from the user who submitted the form

All,

Worked well with me using a service accoutn of say GDPR@????????.co.uk and also all the emails sent remain in that email account and not yours, then I do have virtually unlimited accounts on my non-profit to do this.  You do howver need to know the password for the GDPR account to be able to set this up.

Regards,

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,443)