Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Send emails to Assigned users in Sharepoint Task list

Hi All,

I have a situation where I need to send an email to users if a task is assigned to them.

The problem is, the Assigned To is set to allow multiple values, and everytime a new user is assigned to a task, an email needs to be sent to that user to inform him that he was assigned to a task. But no emails should be sent to users whose previously assigned.

Any ideas? Please Help!

Thank you so much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @julieann,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you not want to send emails to users who previously assigned to the SharePoint task?

If everytime only one new user is assigned to the SharePoint task, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When an item is created or modified" trigger, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a "Send an email" action, To field set to following formula:
last(triggerBody()?['AssignedTo'])?['Email']

Within Body field, type the following formula:

last(triggerBody()?['AssignedTo'])?['DisplayName']

Image reference:22.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:23.JPG

If everytime multiple users are assigned to the SharePoint task and you want to send emails to the new users who are assigned to the task, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, what we need to do is to send emails to the newly added users on the Assigned To users. And sometimes, 2 or more users are added.

Too bad, there's no way to do this.

Hopefully you guys can create a trigger if a specific column is modified.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,477)