cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slhangen
Helper V
Helper V

Sending Email from another account

My organization (school district) is using to PowerApps as a report creation system connected to a SHAREPOINT list under the School Safety subsite.

I have authoring rights on this subsite and my own subsite.  I have created a flow that sends central administration a detailed email when a new report/record is added.

Works great, report added, email sent and cc'd to Chief and Captain.

Only problem is the email is sent to my account.  I want the officer filling the report out to get the email so he can CC to building principal, et al.  As it stands, I am receiving an email every time a report is filed. Can we what user the email is being sent from?

This is my first FLOW so I am very much a newb.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

I am not 100% clear on your requirement, but my understanding is that you want the email sent to the individual who created the SharePoint list item.  If that is correct, then you can reference the "created by email" from the SharePoint list on the email address line from Dynamic properties and remove your own email address.

If I don't understand your requirement clearly, please provide a little clarification and I will try to assist.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

That is what I was thinking but I can't find that selection in the Dynamic Expressions pane.  How do I access this? 

Thank you for your assistance, I am getting a little better with FLOW by the day.

Take a look at the screenshot below.  You'll find "created by email" under "When an item is created" - you may have to click on "see more".  

SelectEmailAddress.png

Scott

I added "When a New Item is Created">Outlook- Send an Email> Clicked in the from box and nothing is in the dynamic content pane.

I searched for "create" and it returned "There are no results for your search".

I tried to post a screenshot but I can't figure out how to do in the reply.

Not sure if the program is buggy or I have no idea whaat I am doing.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

Hi @ slhangen,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

Do you want to set value in the "From" field of the "Send an email" action?

Do you want to send an email to the creater of the item when an item is created, and the email is send from your email address?

Or do you want to send an email to your email address when an item is created, and the email is send from the creater of the item?

If you want to send an email to the creater of the item when an item is created, and the email is send from your email address,as @ScottShearer is said, you could choose the "Created By Email" dynamic content of the trigger in the "To" field of the "Send an email" action, as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

If you want to send an email to your email address when an item is created, and the email is send from the creater of the item,

Microsoft flow could support to send an email from the connection account currently,

Sending an email from the creater of the item is not supported in microsoft flow currently,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Thanks all for your response.  This is a testament to the robustness of the FLOW support community and will help engender exploration and use of FLOW.

I would, in fact, like to send an email to the creater of the item when an item is created, I am trying to choose the "Created By Email" dynamic content of the trigger in the "To" field of the "Send an email" action, as indicated in the above screenshot. 

However, I need the email to be sent to AND from the creator of the new item.  Basically, an officer will create a new incident report (item), the details of this report will be emailed to this officer and CC'd to the Chief and Captain (I have hard-coded these and it works fine).  The officer who created the initial report will forward this email to relevant school and central amin personnel and this will also be used for archival purposes.

Quite frankly though, I am having issues simply getting anything in the dynamic content pane.  It keeps saying no dynamic content available.  I am not sure if this is because I do not have the right connectors or if the program is buggy.  Google seaches reveal that many others are having the issue of missing dynamic content.

I was really excited about using FLOW within my organization but I am getting very frustrated.

Thx again, also I would love to post screenshots.

Can someone tell me how to do this on this forum? Nothing I tried has worked for that either.

For screenshots, it you don't see the camera icon, take a screen shot and upload to OneDrive.  Then share out and post the link here.

If you have nothing else to take a screen shot, open any of the Office desktop apps and go to the insert ribbon/screen shot.  Then right click on on the image and save as picture.

Posting a screen shot will be a big help in resolving your issue.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,142)