cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Service account licence

Hello Guys.

What license do you recommend for a service account that is responsible for running flows and sending emails for a SharePoint tenant? 

Te point it's to concentrate the main flows from the bussiness on that account and to manage the mails related to the flows (outcomming and incomming).

Of course this account should have minimum office resources.

Should it work with an "Exchange Online plan 1"  (just the mailbox)? 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Service account licence

That depends on what you plan to do with it.  If using Exchange Plan 1 for the Office license

1) You would need to buy a standaolone license for the account since Exchange doesn't include a PowerApps/Flow license

2) You wouldn't be able to use it for any SharePoint lists since the account wouldn't have access to the lists without a license

3) Same for OneDrive for Business.

In general a Service account should probably have the same license as the average user in your environment.  YOu cold probably get away with an E1 instead of an E3, but other than that you need a license for more than just PowerApps/Flow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That depends on what you plan to do with it.  If using Exchange Plan 1 for the Office license

1) You would need to buy a standaolone license for the account since Exchange doesn't include a PowerApps/Flow license

2) You wouldn't be able to use it for any SharePoint lists since the account wouldn't have access to the lists without a license

3) Same for OneDrive for Business.

In general a Service account should probably have the same license as the average user in your environment.  YOu cold probably get away with an E1 instead of an E3, but other than that you need a license for more than just PowerApps/Flow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hey

I normally go for the following:

E1 or Business Premium and then the Flow Plan 2 which will soon be renamed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,859)