cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gilgamesh
Frequent Visitor

Setting MS Teams status message

Hello everybody, I'm trying to build a manual flow to change my status message in MS Teams.

I based the flow on this 2 posts:

https://myteamsday.com/2021/09/22/setpresence/

https://www.damobird365.com/teams-status-update-via-power-automate/

However, my flow stucks during execution and never ends.

This is my flow:

Gilgamesh_0-1635173543121.png

and this is an example of execution:

Gilgamesh_1-1635173676622.png

(I waited until 5 minutes, then I stopped it).

Could anyone explain to me what is wrong or why flow stucks, please?

Thank you all!

7 REPLIES 7
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Gilgamesh,

In both examples they are not using a Bearer token but just using the connection of the Send an HTTP request action. The action itself should work without the Bearer token.

Can you remove the Authorization header with the Bearer token from your request header and see if it works?

Thank you for your reply, @Expiscornovus , but I've added Bearer in HTTP request, after trying without.

If I not add bearer, I get this error:

{"message":"The request is invalid.","modelState":{"$type":"System.Web.Http.HttpError, System.Web.Http","incomingNote.expiry":{"$type":"System.String[], System.Private.CoreLib","$values":["An error has occurred."]}}}
clientRequestId: 34a161...

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Gilgamesh,

Just to double check. You tried something like below?

And where is your tenant located? Like Damien mentioned in his blogpost the presence endpoint might have a different address when it is in the US.

publishnote_presence.png

presenceput_example.png

Gilgamesh
Frequent Visitor

My tenant is located in west europe: probably somewhere exists a list for MS services based on cloud regions, like

westeurope.presence.teams ecc. 

It would be nice to find out the correct address for that region...

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Gilgamesh,

A couple of questions:

1. Can you share a screenshot of the configuration of the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action from your latest test?

2. Can you test it without the expiry property. Please try something like below in the body of the PUT request for the publishnote method

{
 "message": "Only update the message"
}

Btw, I have just tested it myself in one my tenants which is located in EMEA region. I wasn't able to reproduce it, I can use the same site address for presence without any issues.

testemea_presence.png

Gilgamesh
Frequent Visitor

Effectively, using only message field in body request was succesfully: message expiration is automatically set to 01/01/10000

Gilgamesh_1-1635319812256.png

For me it's satisfying for now: thank you so much @Expiscornovus !

compuls1v3

Does this code for "https://presence.teams.microsoft.com" still work for everyone?  I keep getting a failure when I run the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,507)