cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Adkin
Helper II
Helper II

Settings Timeout Change

Hi, i have a flow that keeps timing out on an "Apply to each stage" around 1800 data records, is there a way to change the timeout variable as I can only see this on certain actions but not apply to each. 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no way to change the timeout, but I've had loops that run for almost 9 hours so I'm not sure that is the actual problem.  But one way to help this is by turning on Concurrency in the loop settings.  In the example I just gave I was able to get the loop timing down from 9 hours to around 40 minutes by enabling Concurrency.  The main problem with doing this is that you can't use Variables inside a loop that has Concurrency enabled.  Doing so will cause the loop to ignore the concurrency setting.  This blog post talks about how to replace variables with Compose statements inside loops.

Compose actions inside apply to each steps in Power Automate (sharepains.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Alex_Adkin
Helper II
Helper II

I didn't know what the concurrency control actually did until looking up, thats really useful. I changed the initial query and filtered with fetchxml which did resolve the root cause i believe, now all running smoothly. Thanks for your help @Pstork1 

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no way to change the timeout, but I've had loops that run for almost 9 hours so I'm not sure that is the actual problem.  But one way to help this is by turning on Concurrency in the loop settings.  In the example I just gave I was able to get the loop timing down from 9 hours to around 40 minutes by enabling Concurrency.  The main problem with doing this is that you can't use Variables inside a loop that has Concurrency enabled.  Doing so will cause the loop to ignore the concurrency setting.  This blog post talks about how to replace variables with Compose statements inside loops.

Compose actions inside apply to each steps in Power Automate (sharepains.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Alex_Adkin
Helper II
Helper II

I didn't know what the concurrency control actually did until looking up, thats really useful. I changed the initial query and filtered with fetchxml which did resolve the root cause i believe, now all running smoothly. Thanks for your help @Pstork1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,470)