cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Share Flows as Run-Only Users When Trigger from PowerApps

Hi,

I built a form from O365 PowerApps and at the end of the form, I have a button triggering save data into Sharepoint and to trigger Flow for approval. 

I would require my whole organisation staff to be able to fill in this form and trigger the approval flow upon form submission. 

When I try to share my flow, I am not able to find "Run-Only Users" option. The only option I have is "add another owner" option, adding everyone as owner is not an option as I do not want anyone to make any changes to the flow except for certain admins.

Any ideas? or Is there something I should do to bring back "Run-Only Users" option?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks @v-xida-msft for your information. You are right, when a flow is triggered by PowerApps, the "Manage Run-Only Users" option is not available.

Thanks @ScottShearer for your tips, that was the way I was going to go with.

However, 3 days ago, something changed. PowerApps now is able to trigger flow regardless who create the list nor access to the flow.

I now no longer need to add everyone in my organisation access to the flow that I created which is only able to triggered by PowerApps. This is very useful. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you add a PowerApps button trigger within your flow?

Thanks for your feedback, I have made a test on my side, if you add a PowerApps button trigger within your flow, the "Manage Run-Only Users" option could not be shown up.

The "Manage Run-Only Users" option is only available for the Flow Button trigger in Microsoft Flow currently, in other words, if you add a Flow Button trigger as the trigger of your flow, the "Manage Run-Only Users" option would be shown up.

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/how-to-define-Flow-administrator-and-end-user/m-p/112290/highlight/true#M2952

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you create a Flow that runs when a new item is created on a SharePoint list, the Flow should run regardless of who creates the list item or how the list item was created (via a PowerApp, directly in SharePoint, etc.).

In other words, you don't need to share your Flow.  Simply create the Flow on the SharePoint list with the appropriate trigger (When an iten is created, etc.) and the Flow will run.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks @v-xida-msft for your information. You are right, when a flow is triggered by PowerApps, the "Manage Run-Only Users" option is not available.

Thanks @ScottShearer for your tips, that was the way I was going to go with.

However, 3 days ago, something changed. PowerApps now is able to trigger flow regardless who create the list nor access to the flow.

I now no longer need to add everyone in my organisation access to the flow that I created which is only able to triggered by PowerApps. This is very useful. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,038)