cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAlgoul2000
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint Approval request email not sending or triggering

I know this is an old question, but it is irritating me big time with management, I'm using multiple flows for different SharePoint lists which used to work successfully, but recently time to time it stopped working without any errors like it is not triggering at all for couple of hours then it will start again like nothing happened.

my flow is very simple using When an item is created or modified --> condition --> Start an approval. 

so is this some kind of service outage or what. I'm using this approval flow for management mobile approval to expedite the process.

I really need an assist here. or help.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @MAlgoul2000 

How much time outage are you experiencing? Usually SharePoint based triggers are recurrence based and may take upto 5 minutes for flows to trigger. 

Anything beyond that should be an issue. You can also check regarding potential outage situation with the support here: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Yes I know about 5 minutes trigger, that's why I posted my issue, sometimes even after my update for an hour nothing happened.

Hi @MAlgoul2000 

So do you mean that after a few hours, the flow runs for all changes that were done on the items? This seems to be a weird issue though. You might want to check with support as well to confirm that it is not a tenant specific issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

but then how come it was working before, and simply stopped. it reached condition section and it show cancelled instead of complete the flow, so I don't thing so it is related to tenant.

Hi @MAlgoul2000 

Okay. So this is different. I was thinking that the flow is not triggering at all. But now you have mentioned that it is reaching the conditon action and then stopping. 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow and the error that you are seeing? 

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 

here comes the weird part, there is no error at all, it just passed the condition and show Succeeded in run list. and after like hour or if any update trigger MS Flow trigger again and worked successfully. as for screenshot as I mentioned in my first post it is simple (When item Created or Modified  --> Condition --> Start as approval) that's it.

Hi @MAlgoul2000 

Yeah. So there is something in the conditon that is comparing items and the value is being returned as false so the actions in the yes branch are not getting executed. 

You might want to check what is there in the condition and try again (which is why I asked for the screenshot)

Hope this Helps!

Capture1.JPG

see simple condition.

Hi @MAlgoul2000 

You also have a delay until action. can you share some details on that? 

In the condition, is the V Status column choice type? if so, remove the current selection from the condition and change it to V Status Type. 

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 

as for delay it is simple variable to delay for 1 minute, as for the condition rule it is text value not choice type

Capture2.JPG

HI @MAlgoul2000 

Can you remove that delay until action and add a regular delay action and then select the unit as minutes and directly add the number there?

Also, in the condition can you check there are no trailing whitespaces after the text on the right side? Can you try changing the operand to contains instead of equals? 

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 

Ok I have done the changes, let's wait and see once any new update accrue.

Hi @yashag2255 

I have did exactly what you mentioned in your last post, I even removed the delay section, but still same issue appear again which is sometimes it is triggering sometimes not at all. by the way I have 4 MS Flow approval not one and having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,068)