cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anniekd52

SharePoint List Item > Send Email OR Update Azure Devops ---only works for Flow Creator not other employee

Hello Everyone,

I've been banging my head trying to figure this one out. I have two separate flows. 

Flow #1: 

• SharePoint
    • When a new item is created
  • Send an email (v2)
    • **Note - Apply to each (x4) was applied automatically when specific dynamic content was added.

The flow works when I enter a new item into the SharePoint list. However, I had another employee within our organization enter and nothing worked. I have included photos for Flow #1. 

Flow #2

• SharePoint
    • When a new item is created
  • Create a Work Item in Azure DevOps
    • **Note - Apply to each (x5) was applied automatically when specific dynamic content was added.

Again, the flow works when I (the owner) enters a new item into the SharePoint list, but another employee's entry did not port details into Azure DevOps.

I included Flow #1 Screenshots; the Azure Devops is pretty much the same and grabs nearly all the same fields.

Flow #1 - When a SharePoint List item is created --> Send an email:

1 - SharePoint List to Email - Flow Details 01.png

Flow #1 - When a SharePoint List item is created --> Send an email (this is the 2nd screenshot; I cut out the middle of the email as it had some company specific detail in there.

1 - SharePoint List to Email - Flow Details 02.png

Flow #1 - When a SharePoint List item is created --> Send an email: RUN HISTORY >

You can see where I first tested and it didn't work, then I tested and it worked. 

April 14th at 9:23 AM my colleague entered a request through SharePoint; his "SUCEEDED", but never went through email or even Azure.

1 - SharePoint List to Email - Flow Run History.png

This is what the April 14 at 9:23 AM entry completed by my colleague looks like, the email portion is not clickable to open.

1 - SharePoint List to Email - Flow Succeeded but no email.png

When my entry and flow worked the night before; this is what it looked like. I was able to send to Creator (from me until I get SendAs access on a distribution list); and I also cc'd that distribution list. It all worked, everyone got it on that distro list including me. Why doesn't it work when another employee completes the entry???

1- SharePoint List to Email - Flow Succeeded from Owner.jpg

I'm pretty new; but have been working with various flows only this year. I am currently at a new company and I'm not as familiar with their hierarchy as far as approvals and IT is not very familiar with Power Automate and many other MS365 products. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find exactly what is wrong.

Please help!!

@SharePoint @PowerAutomate @sharepointguy @SharePointAU 

1 REPLY 1
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

I want to start with a dumb question -- are you certain that the SharePoint entry that was filled out by your user was populated with "Project Members"?  Your screenshot looks like no content actually came through.

I am going to assume yes - just asking, just in case.

I'd like to point you here, which gives some tips on why things might not fire: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/triggers-troubleshoot

Are all of your users licensed at the same level as you? Do they at least have a license where they have flow capability? Has this been an issue with any of your other flows?

Let's start there and then we can dive in a bit more...

Cheers,

Rhia

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,949)