Helper III
Helper III

SharePoint Multiple lines of text column and Send an email Issue

Currently if a user writes

A

B

C

D

In a multiple lines of text column, and then I send that in an email notification it will appear as

A B C D

Is there anyway for me to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WC-KSTILL
Helper III
Helper III

I actually figured out a fix.

Create a variable (String) - Called it varNewLine. For the value I just hit enter so it has a space in it.

Create a new variable (String) with my multiple lines of text column as the value, in my case I named it varActionRequest.

Then in the email body did an expression

Replace(variables('varActionRequest'),variables('varNewLine'),'<br>')

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

You'd want to follow basically what is done here - Retaining Line Breaks In Multi-Line Text Fields From Forms Pro - Megan V. WalkerCompose the multiple lines to URI encoding, a then replace the line break %0A with the desired formatting, such as </br>.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

I couldn't get this to work at all. Do you have a screenshot?

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

WC-KSTILL
Helper III
Helper III

I actually figured out a fix.

Create a variable (String) - Called it varNewLine. For the value I just hit enter so it has a space in it.

Create a new variable (String) with my multiple lines of text column as the value, in my case I named it varActionRequest.

Then in the email body did an expression

Replace(variables('varActionRequest'),variables('varNewLine'),'<br>')

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,275)