cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

SharePoint item is not being updated, but flow shows as successful

Hello, 

I have built a flow in which an item in a SharePoint list is updated when a related Planner task is completed. This flow was working fine until yesterday, when it suddenly stopped updating the item. I retested the flow, and it showed as all tests and previous runs successful. 

Today, I recreated the flow exactly and the first few tests worked correctly, but after a few minutes, I ran into the same issue (list item does not update, but flow shows as successful). 

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlyseM,

Have you checked the version history of the SharePoint item?

If version history and Flow ran for the same amount of time, then it's true that the item was updated, perhaps because the update was so tiny that you didn't notice or was updated by another Flow.

Can you share your Flow structure? In this way, we can help you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlyseM,

Have you checked the version history of the SharePoint item?

If version history and Flow ran for the same amount of time, then it's true that the item was updated, perhaps because the update was so tiny that you didn't notice or was updated by another Flow.

Can you share your Flow structure? In this way, we can help you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,158)