cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhlesa

SharePoint on Delete Trigger not behaving as needed

Business Need:
A sign up for a Take Your Child to Work Day. Company offers classes and activites with seat limits. Some parents obviously bring multiple children so the need is to have a one to many capability. 

What we did:
Created a PowerApp for the front end for sign ups connected to three SharePoint lists with lookup columns to each other. 1. Registration List (parent name/employee, number of children) 2. Classes/Activity List with seat limits 3. Schedule List. We have a Flow set up to add the seats registered from the Schedule list to a seats taken column in the Classes/Activity List. (shown below) I can't seem to get the Delete trigger to work the same way so I have this HUGE Flow running that someone much farther advanced in Flow wrote for me. When I try and set it up the same way, it only allows me to pull in the generic "ID" and none of the other columns. 

Any advice on how to make that happen? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @uhlesa ,

I have made a test on my side.

When you use the 'When an item is deleted' trigger, you can only use the generic "ID".

I think it is because the data of the item has been deleted, so you can't use the other value of the item.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-zhos-msft wrote:

When you use the 'When an item is deleted' trigger, you can only use the generic "ID".

I can confirm this to be the case as well. I struggled with this same issue for several weeks before figuring it out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,267)