cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GerbenA Advocate I
Advocate I

SharePoint option missing in Owners tab

I'm trying to create a flow that's triggered from PowerApps. The flow should create a folder in a SharePoint list. In similar flows in our environment, we've had the option to set the SharePoint list as the owner of the flow. This prevents us from having to add every App user as an owner to the flow.

However, the SharePoint tab is not available in the new flow. What do we need to do to get this option?

The SharePoint connection is working in the flow: When it runs it successfully creates the new folder.

The account I'm using is a Site Collection Administrator in the target site, it is also added to the Owners group.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint option missing in Owners tab

@GerbenA 

The ability to add a SharePoint list as an owner only appears when using the For a Selected item trigger.   You may want to consider using a group and adding the group as a Flow owner.  The same group should have permissions to the list.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@GerbenA 

The ability to add a SharePoint list as an owner only appears when using the For a Selected item trigger.   You may want to consider using a group and adding the group as a Flow owner.  The same group should have permissions to the list.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

GerbenA Advocate I
Advocate I

@ScottShearer  Thanks, when I select that trigger it appears indeed.

Do you happen to know if this has changed (recently/intentionally) or if it is a bug?

The reason for my surprise is that other flows never had this trigger, but do have a SharePoint List as owner. This enabled us to allow people to run the flow without being allowed to edit it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,055)