cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dijit
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint 404 Not found but empty file is created

Hello all

I created a flow (see below) to export an email to a SharePoint file library. The flow fails at the 'Create file' step with a 404 file not found, however a file is created in the SP list. The name is correct, but the file is empty 0 Bytes. I have tried different SP sites, different libraries, etc., and all same result. There were a couple similar posts on here, but the solutions (Uri or path was wrong) do not work for me.

Just to make sure the e-mail was exporting properly I added a step to create a file in OneDrive for business from the exported e-mail. Works as expected, full email is created and the correct size. It appears to be a SharePoint issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

flow.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dijit ,

This error looks very strange. In the process of creating a file, we will generally only encounter errors where the Folder path does not exist, instead of "File Not Found" errors.

Please make sure that the Site Address is obtained from the dropdown list, and select the existing path from the file browser when configuring the folder path.

Image reference:

18.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the SharePoint site was selected from the drop-down. The file is actually being created in the correct path, despite the File Not Found error. The file is empty, 0 bytes. If I have the flow save the exported e-mail to a OneDrive folder it is successful and no error. Very strange indeed, and I'm hoping someone else has come across this.

Hi @dijit ,

I cannot reproduce a similar issue here.

24.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having exactly the same problem (SharePoint on-premises).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,017)