cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenzoV
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint - Add link into list item to file in document library

Hello everyone,

this is what I'm trying to achieve, I need some guidance more than a step-by-step guide. Not sure if this approach is the best one.

I've a list in SharePoint called "Sales", where requests to enter a new Sales Order into our ERP are added by, guess, the Sales Team and received by our Data Entry Team;

The Title of the list is the Sales Order Number (with format "AB1234"), one of the columns in the list is called "pdf", where I'd like to add the link with the related file after it's been generated;

once the order is entered, a pdf is automatically generated and added into a SharePoint Document Library called "Spool",

and the file name structure would be "Sales Order No_AB-1234_Date 05-05-22.pdf";

at this point I'd like to automate, and add a link to this file into record "AB1234" under column "pdf"

if someone could point me to the right direction

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
okeks
Super User
Super User

1) Use "When file is created" trigger of the Sharepoint connector on the spool library

2) Use substring and replace function to get the sales order number from the file name in the correct format.

3) Use "Get Items" action from the Sharepoint connector with a filter on the Sales Order Number to get the list entry.

4) Update the lis tentry witht the link to the PDF file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,720)