cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishy0229
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint List Trigger not working

I am really struggling here and have tried everything!

I set up a manual trigger flow and when I test it works fine.

When I attach the flow to a list using the JSON code I cannot get the flow to work. I just get a message that says trigger error.

Help

Trisha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @trishy0229 

I too experienced the same error when I tried with the existing connection to the email. Make sure on the flow details page, there are 2 connections, one for SharePoint and other EMail like the screenshot below.

sudharsan1985_0-1595159971029.png

Also, when you try to trigger the flow from SharePoint list after adding the mail connection, it should ask you to confirm the permission for the first time like the screenshot below.

sudharsan1985_1-1595160047799.png

If the above is confirmed, then your flow should work fine. I had tested the same scenario, got the same issue, and then resolved by using the above method. Please try and let me know.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sudharsan1985
Super User
Super User

Hi @trishy0229 

Can you please detail out the steps that you had done? If your flow's logic is simple with few actions, can you start associating the flow with the list triggering action and then test it?

-Sudharsan K...

Hi! Here is how I set up the flow, it is pretty simple.

trishy0229_0-1595084646926.png

When I run the test everything is good

trishy0229_1-1595084684260.png

When I go to where I put the trigger button in my sharepoint list that is when I get the error...

trishy0229_3-1595084926325.png

This is the JSON for the button I used

{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
"elmType": "button",
"customRowAction": {
"action": "executeFlow",
"actionParams": "{\"id\": \"36348113-a063-4ced-9fe2-64a9fb1e427f\"}"
},
"attributes": {
"class": "ms-fontColor-themePrimary ms-fontColor-teal"
},
"style": {
"border": "none",
"background-color": "transparent",
"cursor": "pointer"
},
"children": [
{
"elmType": "span",
"attributes": {
"iconName": "ParkingLocationMirrored"
},
"style": {
"padding-right": "6px"
}
},
{
"elmType": "span",
"txtContent": "Push to EVP"
}
]
}

Thank you!

Hi @trishy0229 

I think the 'Manually trigger a flow' is causing the problem. When I created a flow with a manual trigger and add a text to capture the comments, the flow was triggered from SharePoint List, but it didn't ask for any comments and also when I check the status, it shows something wrong with the template expression.

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_items' inputs at line '1' and column '2208': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'X-MS-APIM-Tokens' doesn't exist, available properties are 'Connection, Accept, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Host, Referer, User-Agent, origin, sec-fetch-site, sec-fetch-mode, sec-fetch-dest, Content-Length, Content-Type'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I created an instant flow with the trigger as 'SharePoint - For a selected Item'

sudharsan1985_0-1595135407717.png

Then I created a text input and add a 'Get Item' action on the same list with the 'ID' from the trigger.

sudharsan1985_1-1595135651842.png

I have used your JSON with the flow-id updated to mine and the flow triggered successfully. See the screenshot below. Also, checked the status of the flow and it ran successfully. Please try it out and let me know.

sudharsan1985_2-1595136092336.png

Below are some useful links you can get some information on running flow from SharePoint Lists.

https://michalguzowski.pl/how-to-trigger-microsoft-flow-in-sharepoint-list/

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

-Sudharsan K...

-Sudharsan K...

@trishy0229 whenever you are triggering your flow from a JSON button in a SharePoint list then the trigger in the flow must always be For a selected item.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Thank you! I can now get the button to open the flow window and run successful.

When I add the action to send an email I get an error on that step now.

trishy0229_0-1595158812314.png

Hi @trishy0229 

I too experienced the same error when I tried with the existing connection to the email. Make sure on the flow details page, there are 2 connections, one for SharePoint and other EMail like the screenshot below.

sudharsan1985_0-1595159971029.png

Also, when you try to trigger the flow from SharePoint list after adding the mail connection, it should ask you to confirm the permission for the first time like the screenshot below.

sudharsan1985_1-1595160047799.png

If the above is confirmed, then your flow should work fine. I had tested the same scenario, got the same issue, and then resolved by using the above method. Please try and let me know.

-Sudharsan K...

-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

trishy0229
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much!

Trisha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (29,992)