cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint Post Request - ValidateUpdateListItem

Hi All!

Recently I have started playing with Flows and have had some success, unfortunaltey, I now seem to be in an issue that is well documented - Updates to a list re-triggering a flow in a Sharepoint List. I have the below node in my flow that returns this error:

{"status": 400,
"message": "Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: formValues\r\nclientRequestId: 1a290845-d9f4-4bc1-83db-ab6f29fd61ee\r\nserviceRequestId: b2a1f59e-4012-9000-f494-e36f7a7dca23",
"source": "mysiteurl (replaced from actual url)  /_api/web/lists/GetByTitle('Cash%20&%20Mitigation%20Benefits%20Tracker')/items(9)/ValidateUpdateListItem",
"errors": [
"-2147467261",
"System.ArgumentNullException" ]}

My Sharepoint list column I am referencing is a mandatory field, and is a Choice type field. The "Pending" option is a selectable option

MS Flow Node set upMS Flow Node set up
I have been referencing this post for this task:
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Anonymous 

try with headers

accept    application/json; odata=verbose    (all lower case - not sure if this matters though)

content-type application/json; odata=verbose (all lower case - not sure if this matters though)

if-match and x-http-method not required

I tried with a mandatory choice column and it worked

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Anonymous 

try with headers

accept    application/json; odata=verbose    (all lower case - not sure if this matters though)

content-type application/json; odata=verbose (all lower case - not sure if this matters though)

if-match and x-http-method not required

I tried with a mandatory choice column and it worked

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RezaDorrani 

Thanks for this, removing the X-HTTP header let it work!

Now have a new problem,  if you happen to have any gems on this! I did the POST request to try to avoid re triggering the Flow when I do an update within it, unfortunately this method still triggers the flow and loops, any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to update a Choice field using action Send an HTTP request to SharePoint?

The following configuration is working fine for me, please check it for a reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous 

Set bNewDocumentUpdate to false and try

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,865)