cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Flow without my credentials

Hi,

I've created a flow that I want to share with people in our organization. What it does is:

Looks into inbox > Saves Attachment with a specific Name to user's One Drive > Read the Email > Delete it.

No clue how to share this flow because it looks like when I try to it includes my credentials and I want people to use their own.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you share your flow with people in our organization, when other people modify the credentials in the flow to themselves, the flow would be modified to use the people's credentials when flow runs.

So I afraid that there is no any way let everyone run the flow with themselves credentials.

Please consider letting people in our organization all create the flow by themselves if you want veryone run the flow with themselves credentials.

Best regards,

Alice

GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

I also discovered this "feature' last week and believe it is one of the major flaws with Flow.

A user creates Flows on behalf of the company, but is forced to pass thier connections through, instead of the connection running in the context of the user running the Flow.

This no doubt will cuase more issues as:

a) The users password, who created the Flow is changed

b) The user creating the Flow leaves the company

ETC.

So I suppose we have to look at some form of Service Account to get arround this problem

GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,412)