cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
copyofthereal

Simple email notification flow fails when a form is submitted - can't figure out why

Hello, this is my first time posting.

I'm trying to build a flow that would, among other things, send an email notification to various email addresses once a new form has been submitted. To get started, I created a very basic test flow that looks at specified form and send an email notification to me, nothing fancy. I'm able to select the Form ID from the drop-down list, and use a correct email address.

copyofthereal_0-1648822821893.png

But the flow fails every time I submit a form:

copyofthereal_1-1648822901327.png

And I can't understand why. Initially I had the form within a Group Form site, and then moved into my own personal site, which didn't make a difference. The form settings are as follows:

copyofthereal_2-1648823019860.png

If I tick 'Get email notifications of each response' I do get an automated notification from Forms but I would like a build a more bespoke email notification with Flow, which doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong? I've been trawling the tutorials and other community queries and haven't been able to find a solution. 

Thank you x

2 REPLIES 2
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Please click on one of the failed flow runs and share the error message:

Snag_56eba2f.png

Ellis

pragnorok

Hi I am having exactly the same issue was this ever resolved? The error states authentication so I a assuming this is permissions issue for the flow. If so how do I correct this. image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,436)