cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SidneyB
Frequent Visitor

Single task to be done by multiple users

Hello, I'm new to power automate. I have SharePoint  list with multiple tasks assigned to multiple users (some three people and other one or two). Now I want to  create planner task for those users.  If is the same task, when one person close it, should complete for other users. How can I use ms flow to do it.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SidneyB ,

Are you using a SharePoint task list?

Do you want to mark the single task completed when one of the assigners close the task?

If yes, this is the default feature in both Planner and SharePoint task list, that when one of the assigners complete the task, the task is completed.

Below flow may be helpful to you.

Here is the flow to create a planner task with information from SharePoint task:

valbaimsft_0-1626684995398.png

valbaimsft_1-1626684995404.png

Besides, if you want to edit the task in SharePoint when the same name planner task is completed, you can create another new flow. More detailed information, you can refer to this template flow:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/32ed5782ce15419ab0a551fa0a51e6be/update-...

Note that in the condition, we need to use the TaskName column from SharePoint to compared with Title value from Planner task, if the condition is true, mark this SharePoint task as completed.

valbaimsft_2-1626684995409.png

Best regards,

Allen

Thank you for your response.

Are you using a SharePoint task list? YES
Do you want to mark the single task completed when one of the assigners close the task? YES

For due date how to calculate only weekdays?

These are the steps

• HR complete SharePoint form for hew employee
  • Base on the role defined on SharePoint task list, Task are assigned to different people of department
  • Some tasks are assigned to multiple people and others to individual
  • When one of the assigners close the task. It must close for other if the task is shared

SidneyB_0-1626694107238.png

SidneyB_1-1626694107253.png

SidneyB_2-1626694107260.png

The flow creates two items on MS planner and runs for ever. Then it fails

Not sure if I’m missing something

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,198)